Besides hurtful words that can make your heart bleed,
Or warm kisses that make its wounds heal,
Did you know that mouth and heart are closely linked?
In fact, periodontal disease and heart disease are intertwined.
I might be a -bad- Poet and certainly no Doctor, but I work in the dental field, read the news and keep myself fairly informed, and it is no news that oral care is linked to diseases and health issues, such as diabetes, Alzheimers, and even breast cancer, just to name a few.
Studies have shown a direct link between the frequency and length of brushing as well as flossing and the risk of having a heart attack, failure or stroke. And it is for this reason patients with gum disease cannot undergo brain surgeries!
This is how I explain it with my bad-Poet-no-Doctor words:
- Some bad bacteria live in the mouth.
And those are not simply linked to badmouth.
- If not eliminated by proper oral care, they harden into dental plaque.
Almost as hard but definitely not as pretty as your Shellac ;)
- Plaque is in direct contact with the gum.
And here begins all the fun…
- Gum are tissues with tons of blood vessels, that connect to more blood vessels…
That’s why they should be treated like little Angels…
- Vessels transport blood to and from the Heart.
- The Heart pumps bacteria-filled blood.
Now I’m gonna throw-up.
- Bacteria cause blood clots, leading to hear attack or stroke.
And don’t pretend you are choked.
=> AVOIDABLE WITH GOOD ORAL HEALTH!
Alright, the last one is a bit dramatic, but I wish more people would understand and take seriously the impact of poor oral care on their heart. In conclusion: <3 Happy Teeth , Happy Heart <3